Father’s Day is a week away and I think I’ve come up with some great options for the dad(s) in my life. I’m trying not to get my husband ties for Father’s Day. He wears them almost every work day, but he already has quite the collection. So you won’t be seeing ties in this guide.
1. Photo book! I love photo books and I think these make great every day gifts. You can focus on dad/grandpa photos to make it more “Father’s Day-like.” Blurb and Shutterfly are both great options for photo books. (I have both and love both companies.) Blurb has a Father’s Day promotion going on right now – 20% off for Father’s Day books with the code JUSTFORDAD.
2. A tablet. We have laptops, and I have a work iPad, but I think a tablet could be so useful. (A personal iPad, Kindle, Nook….any of those would do.)
3. Tickets to a concert, sporting event, other kind of event. It’s not often that we get out but I know of several things my husband would like to check out this summer. So this is an option…
4. Books if your dad is the reading kind. I bought my husband the Geek Dad books last summer for Father’s Day (and one for Christmas this past year.) He loves them and can’t wait until our son is old enough to really do the activities!
5. Treats. My husband and my dad are coffee drinkers and would probably love special coffees. I’m thinking a bag of a specialty coffee and a gift card to a coffee shop. Oh, and free time to actually get coffee at a coffee shop!
6. Beer making kit. If your husband/dad is a beer drinker, I recommend this kit. I gave my husband one for Valentine’s Day and he loved it.
7. A card, of course. You can buy one at the store, or you could try out sites like Treat. (In fact, now until June 17, Treat is giving away one million cards to new customers with the code TREAT1MA. If you haven’t tried them before, what are you waiting for? You don’t even have to pay for shipping if you have it shipped directly to you.)
**Some of the above links are affiliate links. Some are not (like the Amazon links.) As with everything I link and promote, these are my honest opinions.