It’s easy to focus on the negative and I think as I’m more limited in what I can and cannot do by myself, I do focus on the negative. (I would like to run. The weather has been getting increasingly better this week and I would love to run, but this pregnancy says otherwise.) That said, there have been a lot of things that I’ve loved lately.
1. Conversations with my son. The other night, he asked to be rocked. He wanted to get closer, but I told him I was getting bigger and it was tougher to get closer. He said he didn’t want to squish the baby. And then he got very concerned and said, “the baby doesn’t know any of our rules in the house! She’s going to break the doors and the gate!” I tried to tell him that she’s going to be very small when she comes, and she’ll grow big like he did. He told me he wants to lay her next to Chloe (the cat) to see how big they are. He also said, “let’s not let her eat any of Chloe’s treats.” It’s interesting what he thinks are the rules of the house (though breaking doors should be a rule.)
2. My Kindle. Oh how I love this toy. It’s not even a fancy Kindle Fire. I specifically only wanted to read books. I didn’t want another device I could get distracted on social media or watch movies. (And every now and then I wish I could stream something, but honestly. No.) I read an entire series of 12 books recently – starting over our snow storm weekend – and I am so excited for all of my pre-orders that are coming out soon. I’ll be able to read in the middle of the night during nursing sessions, and it’s so easy to have it around when I’m waiting for appointments or just have a spare moment. (I think this may also be why some of my blogging has slowed down. I’d rather read.)
3. The weather yesterday (and the forecast for today.) We’ve been seeing a little bit higher temps – in the low 50s. We’re supposed to get into the 60s this weekend. This gives me hope that spring is almost here, and I’m ready for it. I didn’t realize how the gray skies were affecting me until the past couple of weeks, and I’m done with the gray winter weather. And the bitter cold.
4. Music. Last weekend, I listened to Angie Aparo for the first time in years. This week, I’ve been listening to Will Hoge and today, Sister Hazel is releasing an album, (<– affiliate link) which I have sampled on Amazon and am really excited to add to my playlist. I’ve also been listening to a lot of Stephen Kellogg. My husband bought me his album when it was still part of his Kickstarter campaign. The album is titled South, West, North, East, (<–affiliate link) and was recorded in various studios around the country. I so wish he would perform in Asheville, but I’m not that lucky. (You can now download Stephen’s album on Amazon. It’s worth it.)
5. Adele’s appearance on Ellen this week. I’ve watched this clip of Adele at Jamba Juice a few times now, and I can’t get through it without tears from laughing so hard.
And I’m throwing in a few fun photos from this week.