(Sometimes I really, really miss the miscellany Monday link up. It gave me an excuse to be completely random.) So here are my random thoughts this fine Monday morning.
1. We took our first camping trip this weekend. That marks one thing off our bucket list, it accomplished my goal of finding a really cool Father’s Day gift and we all survived. It deserves it’s own post. (So be sure to check back!)
2. The area we camped had no cell signal. I knew there was no wi-fi (it was a pretty fancy camp/resort…if you can make camping fancy.) And we left the iPad at home (didn’t even use it for the drive.) We were disconnected for 24 hours and it was pretty nice. And interesting.
3. When we returned home, my husband noted that he had 18 Facebook notifications. The first thing I had checked? People magazine and I learned that Kelly Clarkson had her baby. #priorities
4. We had friends over for dinner last night. These friends are moving to the Raleigh area this month (making me super sad). It was fun to watch the kids just be kids. And, hello, SUMMER. Lucas stayed up a little later (again) but actually fell asleep close to his normal time. He was asleep when I left for work this morning. Because, SUMMER.
5. I have been working on a website for several months (obviously not full-time.) I finally made the server switch on Friday night and some updates last night. It’s almost completed and I’m so excited about it. (I wish I had screenshots from the previous site – which is not something I had worked on or developed.) It’s so crazy different. And clean. And mobile-friendly.
6. My boy’s birthday invitations have been ordered! His birthday is the end of August. I’m really excited about them – and this also means I cannot change the dinosaur theme! (I ordered them super early because the credit I had was expiring yesterday.)
7. My friend Susanna has posted her summer bucket list today (and included a link up!) I actually want to steal a couple of her ideas. Is it bad if I revise/create a second bucket list? Also, I just realized that I had left 3 things off my list from my original written list. This can only be described as a blogger problem.
8. Do you use the Timehop app? It gives you reminders of what you posted a year/two years/x amount of years ago on that day in social media. I love it. And this gem was in my app yesterday.
How was your weekend? (Do you know of any miscellaneous link-ups I can join, since my original one is no more?)