I’ve been missing in action the past few days. There have been so many things floating around in my head and I had so many intentions of posting over the weekend. Life took precedence, though.
Speaking of life….
1. We traveled to Greenville, NC on Thursday. My husband graduated on Friday with his Master’s degree! He started working on this degree in January 2011. We had just found out we were expecting and it’s been a crazyyyyyy three years!
2. Our toddler can climb out of the pack and play, navigate a pitch black hotel room and open the hotel room door – all on his own! I happened to be sitting in the hallway when he walked out. Also, he yelled (in a very excited voice), “I find mommy!!!!!” when he saw me. I didn’t sleep AT ALL that night because I kept hearing him move and I thought he was going to escape. We were able to lock the very top lock and he couldn’t reach that, but geez. This kid.
3. Our kid does not sleep well in hotels – or anywhere we have to sleep in the same room. He was awake until 10:30 or 11:00 each night, always waking at 7 (or earlier.) On Saturday night, when we got home, he was asleep minutes after I left him in his crib and he slept for 12.5 hours. He’s totally making up for lost sleep.
4. I did walk on the treadmill while we were out of town, but I have been slacking on my mile a day challenge. I was sick a lot of last week and just didn’t make it work.
5. I walked SO MUCH during the graduation ceremony. In heels. Holding 28 pounds of crazy toddler. (He literally was calm through everyone walking in, and then I had to remove him from the situation.)
6. I kind of want to go back to school and pursue another degree. Being around so many students/graduates (and working in a school now), I think it would be fun.
7. We taught Lucas the word “graduate”. He loves saying “I see daddy graduate!” even though we missed 95% of the ceremony. (I did get some blurry photos of Kenny crossing the stage, but I was also holding Lucas, helping him play a game on my phone and trying to also take pictures with my Nikon. I’m sure I looked like a crazy woman from where I stood.)
9. Christmas is in 9 more days. Where did December go?
Linking up with Miscellany Monday (for the last time of her linkup!)