Summer flew by! I can’t believe we’re so close to the start of fall – and fall is one of my favorite times of the year! Cooler weather, fun things to do in our area, my birthday (and anniversary!) 😉 Good times. Let’s recap August, though.
1. We took a weekend trip over to Tennessee! I wish we could do this more often. Our boy loved it, it was good to get away from life (and all of the household chores) for 48 hours and our girl did really well traveling.
2. I ran more in August than I have in many months – and I felt good about it. I also started re-introducing my lunchtime workouts. I’m getting back into a good routine.
3. Our baby girl continues to grow and learn new things every day. She’s such a happy part of our daily lives. 🙂
4. My friend, Bari, and her daughter traveled through Asheville and stayed with us for two nights before heading to Florida. I did get to spend a half of a day with them and it was so good to see them! I don’t know if the visit was very relaxing for them, but it was fun! Breweries and pinball and lots of good food…
5. Our area’s HUGE consignment sale took place and I finally had a decent amount to get rid of. Out of about 140 items, about 20 didn’t sell (so I’ve been able to give them to friends.) I’m so excited to be rid of a lot of the clothes that were taking up space in our garage. Now to get rid of the rest of the junk…
6.So many family members traveled to Asheville to visit for our boy’s birthday! We saw all sets of grandparents, his aunt and his uncle. He loved seeing everyone and enjoyed all of the attention. I’m not sure how we’ll top that going into this weekend.
7. I reconnected with a friend I’ve known since middle school and we ran together one Saturday morning. I need more of THAT in my life!
8. My husband, boy and I were able to attend a local baseball game one Friday night. Fun was had by all and while we didn’t make it to the end of the game, we enjoyed ourselves and can’t wait for next season. (Would love to get in one more game this season, but the end of the season is upon us!)
9. I threw a Star Wars party for my favorite 5-year-old. 🙂 Even the Darth Vader cake turned out okay (I had my concerns, and it certainly did not look like the instruction sheet!)
10. My boy turned 5! When I asked him if he was 5, the first thing he said was, “I don’t feel like I’m 5.” Silly kid. But fast forward to September 1 and he ran into school, held up his hand and said, “second day of being 5!” He’s so excited.
Plenty of tough things happened in August, but we’re choosing to move past those and embrace all the goodness. Here’s to September and all of the fun of fall!