And suddenly we’ve reached the end of another month – and another year! This month has been a whirlwind. I feel like I’ve been trying to catch up on sleep. Let’s find the good, though.
1. My boy is going through an “I love you” stage, where he randomly tells me he loves me. It’s the sweetest thing – and he doesn’t just say it when he’s in trouble. 🙂
2. The husband and I actually had several babysitters watch Lucas a few times this month. December is always so busy. There was one weekend where it started to have an effect on him (he really loves me at bedtime), but it was also really nice to get out.
3. We baked a LOT of cookies. I didn’t post about all of them (maybe we ate them too fast?) but I did post one recipe that you should try. Cookies aren’t just for holidays, you know. Make them in January. 😉
4. I organized a group to go see Sisters! The movie came out the same weekend as Star Wars, and our theater was surprisingly packed. Again, it was fun to get out of the house and hang out with girls. (And the movie is so funny.)
5. I finally posted our family photos that were shot back in August! I love them. Some of them have the worst faces from our son, but they make me laugh.
6. My boy got a bike, and while learning to ride has been a challenge, it’s also been such a fun time with him.
7. Our guest room is going to be turned into a big boy room soon, so I’ve been cleaning it out while the boy is at preschool this week. I’m actually making a dent in the madness, and I’m excited to transform the space for him! (Also, I’ve weeded through SO MANY old running shirts! I’m excited to turn these into a quilt at some point.)
8. And while on my Christmas break, I had lunch with two awesome friends of mine. I haven’t seen these two girls in quite some time (at least all of us together) so it was much-needed, and we need to get together more often.
9. My husband and I are going to see Star Wars later today. I’m indifferent to it. He’s already seen the movie, but I told him I’d see it with him. So it makes me happy to do something that he wants over break.
10. Nap time. I’ve had to take my share of naps this month, and the two weeks I’m off work has been great when I don’t get the sought-after sleep at night. I have been able to take a couple of naps here and there, and I’m forever grateful for this break.
11. And a bonus thing. I’m loving my Kindle, my pre-ordered books, and the fact that when I wake up at 3 a.m. I can read my Kindle without waking up my husband. I had a new book download Tuesday around 12:30 a.m. and I started reading it at 3:15 a.m. It was awesome. Even if I did have a bad night of sleep.
What made you smile this month?
I’m linking up with Best of Blogs and 10 Things to Smile About (just as soon as Emmy has that one posted)!