1. Lucas has been saying the best things this month. For instance, one Saturday morning he woke up, opened his curtains and yelled, “It’s a new day! The sun is coming back!” and this past weekend, when we arrived at church he just looked at me and said, “mommy, I’m so happy.” He’s a great kid.
2. I registered for several races. Two half marathons and a 5k. (Since my original registration binge, I’ve also registered for a virtual 10k and I have another 5k and I am signing up for.)
3. I made really cute, fun Valentines for my son’s daycare group. I think they turned out so great! (Of course, this all happened right before I was knocked down for a week.)
4. Watching the artistic side of my boy come out is a blast. He loves painting. He’s not so much into coloring, but give him paint or chalk and he’ll stay busy for a while.
5. I registered for Blogging Concentrated, which is next month. Just the fact that I registered is big and makes me smile.
6. I’ve seen a lot of friends this month – either through work or through social commitments. I love catching up with friends.
7. Our Oscars party was super fun. I love the red carpet coverage of the Oscars and many of the acceptance speeches. (This year, I loved the musical performances.)
8. We visited Mountain Play Lodge this past weekend and it really deserves a huge post of its own. My boy had a blast! (And they had several Thomas the Train tables – a little boy’s dream!)
9. I’m hopefully going to see my friend Mendie this week! She’s in town from Ohio. I met her in real life the day of my layoff, and it’s been a while since I’ve seen her.
10. Snow! There is big fluffy snow on the ground this morning. I don’t have photos yet (it’s still very early), but my plan is to take Lucas out first thing after breakfast so he can play in it before I take him to daycare. (I still have some work to get done from home.) Finally. FUN snow!
What made you smile this month?