This month definitely wasn’t as tough as previous months. I’m happy to say we’re starting 2016 off a little better than we left 2015.
1. I *think* I’m mostly on the mend from my upper respiratory infection/bronchitis. It only took 7+ weeks and an antibiotic.
2. We picked out (and purchased) paint for our boy’s big-boy room! It’s similar to the blue in his current room, but it has a gray tint and isn’t quite as bright. (I have a color in mind for the new nursery. I just wasn’t willing to make the purchase this week.)
3. We got our snow. This was something to smile about the first 2 to 3 days. By day 4, I was O-V-E-R it. I can’t be stuck in my house for that many days. I’m terrified of maternity leave, and if I can’t drive for two weeks (AGAIN) because I will go stir-crazy. Mark my words.
4. I feel like I’ve made some headway on clearing out parts of the house for this baby to come. And I’ve been prepping for a consignment sale coming up in a few short weeks. Out with the old….
5. I set a reading goal for this year, and if you count the series I downloaded to my Kindle during our snow-cation, I’ve hit the halfway point of my goal. In January. (Quick, easy chick lit is such a great way for me to hit a reading goal.)
6. We checked out a baby names book from the library. We’ve yet to come up with anything, but have some fun TV character names we’ve thrown around! (They won’t be used.) This week, Lucas sat down next to me and said, “when are we going to name my baby?” I told him that was a good question. He wants to see who in his class the baby looks like, and give her that girl’s name. I reassured him the baby wasn’t going to look like his classmates.
7. I managed to pass my glucose test a couple of weeks ago. After months of nothing going awesome with the pregnancy, I was pleased to have a test that was just normal.
8. I’ve managed to take a photo every day this month! I’m doing Project 365 again. Most photos will be Instagram photos feeding my page, but I’m DOING IT. (ignore the fact that I haven’t actually published my recent photos. They’ll be up soon. Promise.)
9. I got to see Mendie a couple of times this month! She and her family were in town for a week, and our kids loved playing together.
10. My eye doctor’s office has an office cat (a cat who lives with someone that brings her to work each day.) I think an office cat is the best thing ever. I just don’t think my office would go for one.
What made you smile this month?
Linking up with 10 Things to Smile About!