We’re at the end of the July. I don’t even know how that happened. Summer is almost over (and schools head back in about 3 weeks in our area. What the what?!?) Needless to say, July was hectic, but so many good things happened. I’m linking up for another 10 Things to Smile About!
1. We’ve gotten more than our share of Splasheville. I love our local splash pad. I wish it wasn’t closed so frequently, It’s so fun when it’s open!
2. Mommy & son date days. We needed one in a bad way, and that day might be my favorite this month.
3. My husband and I attended the wedding of a friend of mine (my friend and I go wayyyyyy back to the early 2000s.) It was a great night out of the house and after the wedding – which was downtown – we were able to wander around checking out the sites. Pinball museum, drum circle, movie in the park. So great!
4. We had a picnic in the park (and at Splasheville) with some friends of ours! Lucas had a blast with their daughter, once he agreed the splash pad wasn’t so terrible with all of the kids. (There really were a lot of kids.) Monday evenings in the park are the perfect conclusion to a Monday!
5. The Color Run with my boy. He can’t handle huge crowds, and this year we were able to avoid most of the crowds – until the finish line. We left early, but still had a good time and he’s talking about the race days later.
6. Baseball games – with unexpected friends visiting from out of town! My friend Cynthia and her husband had just gotten into town and she texted me. I invited them to the game with us, and it was so good catching up with her (and fun to watch the game.)
7. We had a Friday evening downtown with the boy – dinner and drum circle. All good times.
8. #ShareFunshine parties. This was such a fun gathering of a few of our friends and everyone had a blast.
9. Family! We’re traveling to see family at the very end of July, but I have to include them in here.
10. My husband’s birthday is today! That’s a big reason to smile, no?!?
What made you smile this month?