What. A. Month. I think I’m kind of ready to say goodbye to 2015. The second half of the year hasn’t been the greatest to us, and this month really took us by storm. I’ll try to focus on some of the positives, though. That’s the whole purpose of this post, right? (Also, I’m linking up with EmmyMom for 10 Things to Smile About and Julie for Best of Blogging!)
1. I blogged all 30 days of November. Yay for NaBloPoMo! Also, I’m kind of glad to see NaBloPoMo go. 30 days of straight blogging (real content, not a ton of fluff) is tough.
2. I had a lot of fun making this Star Wars wreath – and my son loved it. He keeps wanting to play with the ornaments and the light sabers.
3. A long-time friend of my husband’s came to town at the last minute for a concert. While this didn’t directly affect me, I’m happy that he connected with us and that my husband had a great time at the concert with his friend.
4. I’m happy to report that most of our leaves are mulched and bagged. It may be a new record for our yard. I’m hoping I can tackle the front yard this weekend and be done with that process until next fall.
5. Breakfast for dinner. That always makes me smile.
6. I made my son a turkey shirt for Thanksgiving and I love how it turned out! I also love this picture.
7. I finally (FINALLY!) finished 10 pairs of pajamas for a friend. They’re being shipped tomorrow. Finally. 🙂
8. I ran a 5k! Well, it wasn’t an official 5k, but it was 3.1 miles, and I was 19 weeks pregnant. I felt like that was a super accomplishment for myself.
9. I’ve picked up several new freelance clients this month. While this is great, it’s also a bit overwhelming. On one side, I’m wearing myself out. On the other, my kid’s dental needs were high and that came at a high cost.
10. We got our Christmas tree up. It isn’t decorated, but Lucas was SO EXCITED that it was back and he’s asked me at least 5 times, “is it Christmas now??” We’re decorating it tonight.
What has you smiling this month?