I’ve lost the draft of this post twice so far, so I’m hoping that the third time is a charm? Regardless, my October went much better than the publishing of this post. For real. All of the fun things seemed to happen in October!
1. We started the month off with my birthday. I made it another year! I was going to share a whole post on things I had done in my 38th year, but that’s still sitting in drafts. Maybe I’ll get around to publishing it this month?
2. Homecoming was the same weekend of my birthday. It was a WHIRLWIND! I wore the baby while I worked, and it went off without a hitch. She’s so amazing. That weekend, my son and husband went to a friend’s for a camp out. So many things to smile about!
3. My husband and I celebrated nine years of marriage! We didn’t do much the day of our anniversary (dinner out) but we had fun the following weekend.
4. For our anniversary, we cashed in on free passes to Navitat. Yep. We went ziplining. Nothing screams “HAPPY ANNIVERSARY” quite as much as holding on for dear life, as you’re flying above trees at crazy elevations. I have photos that I hope to share this week.
5. Early in the month, we saw David Ryan Harris and Gabe Dixon perform at the Grey Eagle in Asheville. They’re both fabulous and DRH has been a longtime favorite artist of mine. I’ve been listening to his music for at least 16+ years.
6. I saw my friend Nikol twice whiel she and her family while they were in town for vacation. One evening, we got together with other bloggers (YAY!) downtown. That weekend, we visited an apple orchard (second time for my kids and I), and picked out our first pumpkin of the season. It was a good time. 🙂
7. MY GIRLS! Oh man. I got to see Jen, Susanna and Karen in Orlando! Jen and Karen got to meet the baby, and it was just so so good to see them and catch up without group texting on our iPhones. I miss those girls every day.
8. Type-A Conference! I spoke at three sessions while at the conference. It was a little nuts, and a lot of fun. I do enjoy speaking on topics I’m passionate about – and I’m passionate about not selling yourself short. 🙂
9. DISNEY! Did you see I went to Disney World? So crazy. I happened to be staying on property for a conference, so the baby and I went to two of the parks (after 3 pm and for Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party.) We really did have a good time.
10. Halloween! My kiddos were a strawberry and a Ninja Turtle. We stuck to the neighborhood this year, rather than venturing out to a fall festival, and my boy had THE BEST time trick-or-treating! He was upset that when he got home, there weren’t many kids out and he couldn’t pass out candy. We’ll have to plan for that next year.
And here’s the thing. October was such a good month, that as I was scrolling through my phone I realized that there were so many other things that made me smile. Hanging out at the apple orchard with my kids, the pumpkin patch with my daughter, carving pumpkins with my son, meeting Freddie Prinze, Jr. (I mean, WHAT?!?) This month was off the charts packed with fun activities. Now we have two months to round out this year!
What made you smile in October?
Linking up for 10 Things to Smile About