I think I can go out on a limb here and say that April may have been one of our biggest months of 2016.
1. Obviously, the biggest thing to happen is we had a baby. She’s healthy and happy (we think she’s happy, at least.)
2. Our boy has really adjusted well to having a baby sister in the house.
3. My son and I made it over to Biltmore and took some pictures of the tulips. They weren’t at the peak of tulip season just yet, but they were very pretty. I need to take the baby over in May for some photos.
4. My dad, stepmom and grandma were all able to make a one-day trip up to meet the baby. (My brother came up too.)
5. We had our first family outing, as a family of 4, at an ice cream shop. Lucas was beside himself. Lilah slept through it all.
6. All of the pregnancy symptoms disappeared. 🙂 By the night of Lilah’s birth, many of the things that had plagued me throughout pregnancy were no more. (Yes, I was dealing with the aftermath of a c-section, but that pain was also manageable.)
7. My husband and I had a “date dinner” the night before we checked into the hospital. My mom kept our son overnight, so we could prepare for the hospital and we wouldn’t be waking him at 4:30 a.m. We also used that as an opportunity to eat sushi (I didn’t have raw fish. No worries.)
8. I was able to see all of the tulips bloom in my yard – and I’m grateful that I randomly planted a couple dozen new bulbs late last fall. My Instagram feed was full of flowers for a couple of weeks.
9. Between blogging and freelance, I think I’ve saved enough to cover my unpaid leave for most of the time I’m out of work. It’s a huge relief and I hope I can keep it going until I do get back to work. I have a post started on making money through blogging. Hoping to publish it in the next couple of weeks!
10. I had a couple of fun giveaways in May (one of which is still happening, and you should totally enter.) I’m hoping May and June will also be fun on the blog!