It’s time for 10 Things To Smile About – the April edition! This was a crazy travel month for me. Really crazy. I have rarely ever traveled for work and this month I was gone two weeks. Eek!
1. I started the month in Indianapolis, with a great run. I’ve never visited Indy before, so this was a lot of fun for me!
2. Facetime (and Skype) is a game changer for traveling.
3. My boy is POTTY TRAINING. I mean, we are SO close to being completely potty trained (except at night) and I could not be more proud of this kid. He is in his “big boys pants” 90% of the day. It’s an exciting time.
4. My running view during work is pretty cool some days. Spring time, especially, since the baby animals are born and exploring their fields.
5. I had to do a purchase order for a hog. I never dreamed this would have been part of my job, but this past week I had to create a purchase requisition, and get a purchase order for a pig for a pig picking. (This is something that I may possibly go into further detail one day. It’s not my idea. Just know that.) This is something to smile about because it’s just so hilarious that someone working in Advancement for a university doesn’t expect to do. Ever.
6. My toddler still wants me to rock him sometimes. And I’m happy to oblige.
7. I ran the Fiddlin’ 5k last month (was that really in April??)
8. Oh and I ran the Greenway Challenge (10k) and I know that was definitely in April. Bari and her family were also here for a couple of days. It was a really fun weekend!
9. My boy got a haircut last month and sat in the chair all by himself without complaint. First time ever and it was so great.
10. I also can’t forget Lucas’ first ceramics class. (My ceramics teacher fell about two weeks ago and was hurt pretty badly. She’s doing better now, but when I talked to her, she only wanted to talk about how happy she was to see Lucas painting. It made me smile and know that she really is feeling better.)
11. And a bonus one. I haven’t really posted about my work trip last week. It was a long, mostly fun trip that left me exhausted. I should post about it at some point. But for right now I’m focusing on next week’s big event – college graduation! Once I get through my first graduation, I’ll have so many things to smile about!
Now, your turn. What made you smile in April?