I love these monthly round-ups (of all the good things this month!) Thanks to Emily for hosting the link-up. July was a good – BUSY – month!
1. The BEACH. Oh how the beach makes me smile. Even if my son hates the ocean this year, I know he enjoyed playing in the sand. And we got some much-needed family downtime.
2. Running on the beach. I ran several times to and from the beach, and on the beach, while we were on vacation. It was the best.
3. Hanging at home for a rainy weekend. We were on the go for so many weeks in a row, it was nice to kick back.
4. The toddler and I made it to Splasheville! I haven’t blogged about it, but I’ll do something before summer is over. We’ll be going back again soon.
5. I had a really successful event for work. I really enjoy my job (even if it’s not the computer programming-laden work I am used to.) I can’t get over how far I have come in the past 11 months.
6. Oh, we visited Charleston! It was only a few hours, but that’s all I needed at the time.
7. I did the Weight Watchers Simple Start program again and managed to drop several pounds. I have good things to say about my second time around with the program.
8. The Color Run! It was a fun race, even though it was full of craziness (the amount of people. Wow.)
9. My first 5k with my son! He’s still talking about the race (and the blue stuff he got on his hands.) I hope we can run another race together one day soon.
10. My husband’s birthday! He turned the big 3-5 this week and we celebrated with dinner and cake. When I told my son he needed to say “happy birthday, Daddy!” he replied with, “happy birthday, monkey!” It took some time and convincing for him to realize it really was daddy’s birthday, and not his monkey’s. (Husband’s birthday party is in August. I’m sure it’ll be one of my 10 Things next month!)
And a bonus one…I started a Stream of Consciousness link-up every weekend. The link-up goes live on Saturday and is open through Monday morning. If you have five minutes to blog (that’s all I want you to randomly blog!) or if you have a random/free post you’ve written, please link up!
What made you smile this month?