Oh July. I thought you were out for blood – and you did manage that – but overall the summer hasn’t been horrendous. The baby is still smiling – so surely I can find something to smile about!
1. Our baby girl is 3 months old! And she makes me smile every day. She sleeps through the night, still naps a lot, and has been SO HAPPY. My son loves her and he loves helping with her. They make everything worth smiling about.
2. Lucas has been such a great big brother. I overheard him telling Lilah one day (while she was crying), “You’re just a cute little baby girl.” He’s so sweet with her, even when she’s at her worst and crying.
And ohmyword, this photo. He insisted on wearing his snow boots to help garden and pick blueberries. 🙂
3. I’ve been able to run a little more and I’m getting faster. My pace starting out was in the 13-14 minute per mile range. Now I’m between 11 and 12 minutes.
4. I went back to work. While I would have loved to spend more time at home with my baby, the transition hasn’t been awful. I’m in a new department, with a new supervisor, and great colleagues.
5. I read Jane Green’s new book, Falling. And I loved it. I love most of her books, but this one just really got me and didn’t have the ending I wanted, but I am not going to be angry with Jane about that. 😉
6. My son and I watched The Secret Life of Pets together. We were going to see it as a whole family, but couldn’t count on the baby sleeping through it. He loved the one on one time together, and I loved taking him. I think it may have been the first time he and I had been alone together since the baby was born and I need to do that more frequently.
7. I’ve been working from home on Wednesdays and I think I get more done at home than in the office – even with a baby to care for.
8. I ran 3 miles on Saturday with my friend Suzanne. It was the first time I’d done that in FOREVER (it feels like. I think I ran 3 miles in October maybe?)
9. We celebrated my husband’s birthday Friday night with friends at a local brewery. (There’s a great outdoor space, so it was perfect for kids.) It did rain – a lot at times – which just added to the fun for the kids.
10. I was able to announce my involvement with Generation Graco and I’m SUPER excited about it!