I don’t even know how we’re halfway through the year. Wasn’t I just expecting a baby during a pregnancy that was lasting FOREVER? Regardless, here we are at the end of June, and it’s time we focus on the good things (and not the fact that I have one more week until I return to work full time.)
1. I’ve spent a lot more time with my son this summer, thanks to part-time preschool (which is kind of like summer camp) and maternity leave. It’s been a lot of fun having him around more frequently, and I know he’s going to have a good time with daddy when I am not home full-time in July and August.
2. My boy started swim lessons and is doing great! We have our third lesson this afternoon and I’ve already seen progress in his skills. The kid is so, so fantastic.
3. My baby girl has started sleeping through the night – enough to give me more than 8 hours of sleep. Do you know how freaking amazing this is? She’s everything I could have ever dreamed of.
4. I finally made my kids sibling shirts. I think they turned out really cute, and they’ve worn them once. I need to dress them in the shirts and photograph them together soon!
5. I’ve gotten more consistent running in! Granted, I started running the day before June started, but I’ve almost hit 3 miles and it’s very exciting for someone who couldn’t run for so long. I even ran with Melissa one weekend and I’m hoping to make that happen again soon!
6. We got in several pool days and are incredibly grateful for friends like Stacey. (She doesn’t mind us crashing her pool. My boy would love to go to her house daily if I’d drive him!)
7. Did you see the finger puppets I made? I’m excited to see The Secret Life of Pets in a couple of weeks and I had fun getting crafty with this one. 🙂
8. We saw Finding Dory! Well, my husband and son saw it. I was in the back of the theater with the baby, walking in and out of the theater until I finally just left because she didn’t want to sleep while in the Moby wrap. The ONE time she didn’t want to sleep in the wrap. #napfail
9. I’ve been giving my Fitbit a good workout. I’ve hit 10,000 steps almost every day this month and I have a goal to hit that PLUS some at least for the rest of the summer. We’ve been taking more walks at night, which is helping (and the running is definitely helping out.)
10. I’ve downloaded several new books to my Kindle this month and have read them all. I barely watch television right now, and it’s a good feeling. (Though I’ll be excited to see my shows come fall. I still have a few I am hooked on.)
Tell me something good about your month!