It’s hard to believe the year is coming to an end. And we’re already into early December. Where has the time flown?
Let’s recap the fun smile-y things this month, shall we? (Also, you should link up for 10 Things to Smile About. It’s fun!)
1. I created my son’s reading corner and the space makes me smile whenever I’m in his room.
2. I saw the Biltmore tree raising and the estate always makes me smile. It was such a fun event to attend – and now I need to go back with the family to see all of the decorations in place.
3. My husband had LASIK and is doing so great. It’s been great watching him adjust to his new vision and not relying on glasses like he has for so many years. Technology, y’all. It’s an awesome thing.
4. Surprise snow. My boy loves snow and is still looking for surprise snow.
5. My son’s hand print turned into a turkey? Love. I love having things like this to remind me how small (and big!) he is.
6. My son and I put the Christmas tree up on Sunday. And later, his joy in decorating made me so happy. He loved being involved and I tried to make sure that I could involve him in the set-up process. (He helped sort the limbs, and he even helped put the limbs on the tree.) It meant everything to him to help. I knew I could finish it faster myself, but he wouldn’t be as excited about it.
7. Embroidery! I’m learning – and I completed my 12th project in 12 months. I need to do one big wrap-up this month.
8. Thanksgiving. I love the holiday.
9. Our city’s holiday parade. We took our son for the first time.
10. I kept a running list of all of the things I’m thankful for. Many of these things made me smile.
What did you smile about this month?