I love October. It’s normally my favorite month of the year. This October was a little stressful (homecoming-induced panic attacks, thankyouverymuch) but there were plenty of things to smile about. I’m linking up again for 10 Things to Smile About!
1. Corn mazes. We went twice in October!
2. My friends and family members rallied and did the LaZoom comedy tour with me for my birthday. It was fantastic. I need to share the photos because they are hilarious.
3. Fall running is my favorite. I ran with Carol a couple of times, the weather was mostly gorgeous, and we even ran the Thomas Wolfe 8k this month!
4. I survived Homecoming.
5. I celebrated 7 years of marriage with my husband, Kenny.
6. My family visited for a week. My brother was home for two weeks (he just moved to South Korea for a year) and my dad, stepmom and grandma all came to Asheville to see him (and me, Lucas and Kenny.) It was a time packed full of fun – especially on Lucas’ part. He loves having an audience!
7. We visited the apple orchard again.
8. My in-laws came for a weekend. (We had a really busy month!)
9. Drives on the Blue Ridge Parkway in October are always excellent.
10. Our boy is Elmo for Halloween. When he tried on his costume (which he has outgrown since I bought. *SIGH*), he wanted us to be sure we knew that he was still Lucas. His words, “I not really Elmo. I’m Lucas.” Sweet, sweet boy.
11. We had family photos taken this month and several came out SO GREAT. I love them all and I’ve been using two on social media.
What are you smiling about this month? (And in case you missed it, I have a Jamberry giveaway happening now! Be sure to enter!)