It’s hard to believe it’s September. We’re heading into fall! I love this time of year, and last month should be celebrated (because there’s always something to smile about, right?)
1. We traveled to New York to visit my family and my son did incredibly well on the airplane. It was like I worried for nothing! (Ok, he didn’t do so well sleeping that week, but you take some, you lose some.)
2. My grandma turned 90, we threw her a surprise party and I scrapbooked the whole party during the party. It was quite an experience (one I would do again.)
3. We went on our first family hike…in Pennsylvania.
4. I visited DC for work – I ran a lot and even met a Twitter friend for a run!
5. We’ve had mixed results with our garden. Someone/something is taking most of the vegetables off the plants. It’s frustrating. But I have high hopes for fall planting.
6. Our family photos were taken in August instead of October/November. We normally shoot those in the fall, but I opted for late summer to hopefully get a few of Lucas at (almost) age 4. Plus our October gets really packed, so I wanted to give us some free time. I can’t wait to see how they turned out.
7. Students moved back on campus! It’s fun having them around (it gets REALLY lonely when they’re gone.) Parking is a nightmare, but I can walk.
8. Oh, the Asheville Pinball Museum turned 2 this month and I celebrated them with a giveaway on my site. They really are fantastic, and I hope if you are ever in Asheville you get a chance to visit APM.
9. We had a Thomas the Train party for our boy this past weekend. It was fun for all and there was so. much. cake.
10. My boy turned 4! He started asking us in June if it was August yet, and every day in August he asked us if it was his birthday. Poor kid has a birthday on the last day of a long month!
What made you smile in August?
**Linking up with EmmyMom for 10 Things to Smile About!