Where did the month go? When I saw EmmyMom’s 10 Things to Smile About post, I thought it was just a reminder that the posts would be ready later. Nope. She already posted because it’s the END of May! What the what?!?
So. My 10 things to smile about this month…
1. I found out today that I was accidentally told the wrong amount of vacation I have to take this year. (Remember, this is still a fairly new job for me.) I had questioned it when I started, but then figured it was confusion. Today I asked someone different and she showed me that I actually have one week MORE than what I had thought/been told! Yay!
2. I made it through graduation! And graduation reception!
3. Biltmore excursion with my toddler. He had such a great time. And I’d like to relive that morning (just not the meltdown that happened as a result of a car nap and being exhausted.)
4. I never posted about this, but a few months ago I won tickets to see Mom’s Night Out. And the weekend it came out (the same weekend as graduation and Mother’s Day), I was able to take 5 other fabulous moms to the movie with me. We met for dinner and saw the movie afterwards. It was a cute movie! And a fun break away from the nightly bedtime routine.
5. I’ve actually completed a few projects this month, I just haven’t blogged them. I made cards for my grandma and our daycare provider (birthday/thank you cards.) Complete post to come soon!
6. I ran the Biltmore 15k and I’m feeling a tad better about running the half marathon next week (!!!)
7. Oh and running friends. I can always smile about running friends.
8. I discovered Norwex cleaning products. Normally this would sound a little weird, but it’s totally not. These products are amazing and I love, love, love them.
9. This weekend, I’m attending Blogging Concentrated, a one-day blog conference. I’m really excited about everything this day has to offer and all the new things I’ll learn (or re-learn!) I’m also excited about seeing a couple of my in-real-life and blogging friends!
10. Finally, my husband has been a freaking ROCK STAR in dealing with my less-than-stellar schedule this month. Next weekend, with my half marathon, it’ll be crazy again, but then it calms down. I’m just glad that he has been able to handle the kid-duty and hasn’t complained. He doesn’t get enough credit sometimes. 🙂
What are you smiling about this month?