September is over in a few hours (wow!) and we are heading into my birthday and anniversary month. And then….the Thanksgiving and Christmas seasons. Where has this year gone? I’m linking up with EmmyMom for another month of 10 Things to Smile About!
1. I kind of took an unintentional break from posting consistently. I’ve needed the downtime, and I’m not going to apologize for anything. I’ll just let that extra time away from my laptop be my first reason to smile this month.
2. End of summer food, specifically this recipe for Pasta a la Caprese. I’m going to miss fresh tomatoes and fresh basil.
3. We took a quick trip up to Blowing Rock and explored so many parts of the small town. It was an adventure (and we still have to go back to visit Grandfather Mountain – hopefully next month.)
4. I announced I’m speaking at Type-A next month. And it’s actually next WEEK. I can’t believe it. I’m excited (and nervous.)
5. I read several random and new-to-me books this month (and didn’t blog about any of them except for Dark Rising.) It was nice to have that little escape. Oh, and I’ve binge-watched Project Runway. I’m almost caught up with this season.
6. My boy had picture day at preschool and his photos turned out GREAT. They were as good (maybe a little better) than the photos we had taken in August. He just needs for his parents to not be in the photo. 😉 And hopefully soon I will show you one of said photos.
7. New seasons of television shows make me smile. The Voice is back, Grey’s Anatomy started again and Mindy Project is on Hulu. All favorites of mine.
8. I started working out with a new trainer (another student who is a certified personal trainer.) We’re doing different exercises than I’m used to and I’m loving it so far. It’s challenging, but I need a challenge.
9. We visited the corn maze this month – and the weather was amazing. I’m so glad we didn’t delay it a week or we would have been rained out.
10. RAIN! It’s been so dry lately, so even though it rained an entire weekend, I didn’t mind. We needed it badly. (Though it appears we’re getting way more than we really need at one time, so maybe it could let up a little bit?)
What made you smile in September?