Today marks TEN years since I started this blog. In 10 years, so many things have changed.
I started seriously dating the guy who would eventually become my husband. I’ve run 5 marathons and 11 half marathons and so many other races. We bought a house. We adopted a cat. We have traveled to the Bahamas and Canada and many states in between.
We started our family, which began with adopting Chloe the wonder cat.
I changed jobs at the newspaper multiple times. Then I changed careers.
There have been a lot of changes – including names – since this blog began. It started on my own blog platform (because I loved coding at the time) and then I moved to blogspot before finally moving to WordPress. There are 2,338 (now 2,339) blog posts here!
Never did I imagine I could earn money through my blog, when I started this thing. I also never imagined making so many friends through my virtual world. (Some of my best friends are bloggers in other states.)
Here are a few of my favorites (mostly because of the stories behind them and the memories.)
1. My first marathon!
2. My Niagara half marathon recap is a favorite of mine (and look how much smaller I was then!!)
3. Introducing McLittle (for so many obvious reasons this is one of my favorites)
4. On the 10 year anniversary of 9/11, I wrote about my work experience the day of the attacks.
5. Introducing our cat. (We almost named her after Dr. Biden. True story.)
6. Our Splasheville adventure
7. My son’s second birthday party. (It was Sesame Street themed.)
8. The monthly series I did on my son is one of my favorites. (I need to go back and update the past couple of months. Or at least click Publish.)
9. For that matter, the weekly posts I started when I was pregnant and I did the first 52 weeks of Lucas’ life. It was pretty awesome.
10. Going hands free. I recommend it.
Here’s to the next 10 years….may I still enjoy it as much as I do today.