How does one celebrate 2000 posts? I have no clue. Except here it is – my 2000th published post! I started this blog in 2005. Before that I was maintaining a website with photos and updates and it was blog-like, but not on an official blogging platform. I joined blogger in 2005 when some other newsroom friends were starting blogs, and I’m pretty sure I’m one of the only ones (if not THE only one) still blogging. I don’t like to quit.
So in honor of my 2000th post, here are 20 things about me. Because 2000 was way too many for me to post here.
1. I’ve been a crazy cat lady for most of my life. I love cats. We adopted our cat 5 years ago.
2. According to my Timehop app, I was apparently a little unsure of Chloe when we adopted her. And now I’m her favorite human. (And she’s my favorite cat.)
3. In college, I had two roommates my freshman year. My second roommate (the first one moved in with someone else in October) was a music major and had the BEST music collection. I am pretty sure that is what set the foundation for my love of various groups.
4. I developed websites for over 13 years, yet I still have a tough time defining myself as a web developer.
5. I have a really difficult time saying “no.” For example, I all but dissolved my freelance web development “job” and yet I agreed just yesterday to help two people with their websites. I feel guilty if I say “no.” #justsayno
6. My first boyfriend (long, long ago) was named Kenny. My husband’s name is Kenny. I find that humorous.
7. I met my husband through an online dating site. I signed up to “introduce” myself to him, and once we made the connection, I disabled my account. We went on our first date a week later and it lasted about 7.5 hours.
8. ‘Friends’ may be my most favorite tv show of all time. I still love watching it and I own all of the seasons on dvd.
9. I own several television series on dvd. Some may think it’s wasteful, but I really, really love these shows and I still watch the dvds, so…not so wasteful?
10. When I come to a decision, I rarely have regrets. (Coming to a decision is sometimes difficult for me.) For example, when I realized I wanted to end my first engagement, there was no going back. I was completely calm and collected. People thought I would be a wreck and were prepared for me to break down, and it was one of the easiest things for me to go through.
11. I actually ended that engagement over AOL instant messenger. Do you remember AIM?
12. I was still undecided about my college major early in my senior year. I ended up with computer science, because I had a lot of credits towards that degree.
13. I started college as a math major. I wanted to be a math teacher.
14. I never wanted to work in newspapers for as long as I did (15 years.) My grandpa told me early on that I needed to get out of the newspaper business and that it was a dying industry. I didn’t listen to him. I should have listened to him.
15. I’ve been a runner since middle school. I joined the track team in 8th grade because my best friend Missy was on the team, and it seemed interesting.
16. I almost tried out for the cheerleading squad at the end of 6th grade. I really don’t like cheerleading. At all.
17. It’s been a year and one week since my last full marathon. I still have no desire to run another full marathon. I’ve completed 5. I think I may be done?
18. I think I really love the half marathon distance. It’s still challenging, but the training isn’t nearly as involved as the full marathon.
19. I taught myself to sew about three or four years ago. I like creating stuff. I can also crochet – but only in a straight line back and forth, so I’m limited to blankets, scarves and potholders. With no fancy borders.
20. I love lists. To do lists are kind of my favorite. I think I like the organization of lists, but I also really dig checking things off my list.
Have you hit the 1000 or 2000 mark on your blog? Have any questions for me?