Just as I did for summer, I’ve created a fall bucket list. (I really should go through and update the summer one, right? We did so much!
Fall is one of my favorite times of year. It helps that my birthday and wedding anniversary are both in October. And we have so many birthdays in September. It’s a good time to celebrate. It’s not too hot, and generally not too cold.
Since today is the first official day of fall, here’s my list I’d like to tackle this season.
1. Visit our local corn maze. Make it through the longest maze, and not just the kid maze that we’ve completed the past two years.
2. Pick our own apples.
3. Make my own applesauce. My mom has done this for years, and now I want to learn!
4. Run a half marathon. (I’m signed up. Now I need to run it.)
5. Rake giant leaf piles for the toddler (and me?) to jump in. Life is short.
6. Fall garden. I want to keep my garden going as long as possible!
7. Take a hike! We haven’t been hiking in years. Maybe since we dated.
8. Relax. I spent the summer going from one thing to the next and it has thrown me into one giant panic attack. (Thanks to a friend who so graciously pointed out my current state of being.) I have to relax or I’m going to be dead before I’m 37.
I was originally going for 10 things, but that kind of negates number 8. I can’t stress about what I’m going to do this fall. I need time for my family and myself. And I think we have a fairly do-able bucket list to conquer.
What do you like about fall? For me it’s the cooler temps, the changing of the leaves and candy corn. I really love candy corn.