I have goals for 2014. And I’m sure you’d like to read about them, right? (Kidding. This is mostly for me so I can look back at it in a year and see just what I DIDN’T do.) Alright, five goals for 2014 – and I am not listing them in order of importance.
1. Complete three half marathons and a few new 5ks. I have races in mind. The Downhill at Dawn half in June (I’m registered!), the Asheville half in September (my husband is registering me!). Possibly a half in April. If the one in April doesn’t work out, I will need to look into a different one. Maybe Knoxville again? Maybe one in Charlotte? Or I may look in upstate South Carolina. Somewhere close.
2. Scrapbook more frequently. Maybe even complete my son’s baby book, seeing as he’ll be 3 in 2014. This will also entail me taking more photos and printing photos more frequently. I currently print photos maybe two or three times a year. I don’t recommend that.
3. Clean – and keep up with cleaning. I’m so, so bad about this. I need/WANT to be better. I really do.
4. Convince my toddler that he likes eating food other than carbs. This means I’ll need to be a little more creative in my cooking. I can do this. I know I can. (I’ve also found some great chicken nuggets that are baked and have a whole wheat breading. The chicken is also organic/humanely raised chicken. SCORE for me!)
5. Redesign the blog and come up with something that I absolutely love and works for me, as well as you, my amazing readers. And with the redesign, I want to be able to maintain my programming skills (don’t want to lose all of those skills I worked so hard to gain and improve for 13 years!)
And an extra one…
6. Develop a real, hard budget with the husband. I have house goals and we’ve always been doing our own thing with money (paying the bills, but not really setting budget goals together.) This is the year that we truly determine where our money is going and how we need to best spend it.