If I write it, it will happen….right? That’s what I keep telling myself, at least. We’re more than halfway through January, and I haven’t really written down my goals for the year. (I like to call them goals, rather than resolutions.) I did touch on my craft goals, but I have other ones too.
1. Have at least one – if not two – out of the house date nights each month. Date nights in each week. They don’t have to be on the weekend, but they do have to be technology-free.
2. Be hands-free when it comes to our son. More on this in another post. He just does so much better when we aren’t all attached to electronics.
3. Have more family days outside of the house. (Think movies, now that our son is old enough.)
4. Run a 5k with the entire family. (Done! We did this on January 1.)
1. Drink more water. I have several water bottles I keep handy (even an extra one at the office, in case I forget one.) I just need to drink more water. Aiming for 64 ounces in a day.
2. Lose 10 pounds. Sigh.
3. Lower my cholesterol. I think this will be helped with number 2. I don’t have high cholesterol, but it could be lower.
4. Impress my doctor at my annual physical. I hate physicals – especially since having a kid. Things got real that first physical post-baby-making.
5. Run at least 2 half marathons this year. Increase strength training.
1. Reign in my impulse shopping in January. (I think I’ve started doing this already. I’ve been very aware of my online purchases and haven’t bought anything impulsively so far!)
2. Put money into savings each week. I’d seen on Instagram someone saving money that coincided with the week. So for week one, you save $1. Week 2, save $2. At week 30, you save $30. It definitely gets more intense at the end of the year, but then I’ll have an extra $1378 in savings.
1. I think I want to reinstate my chick flick club.
2. Join a book club (maybe a virtual one.)
3. Read more. I’ve started a reading habit and I love it.
4. Organize my time better so I’m getting more sleep. (I don’t know if this falls under Health, but it’s a good Life one, as well.)
5. Get organized. This is my year.
1. Rock out the #TypeAChallenge
2. Produce higher quality photos for the blog.
3. Better the blog overall.
4. Create an e-book.
Do you create goals for yourself? What are some that you have committed to this year?