Today I turn the big 3-6. And I saw this type of post on Amy Tangerine’s blog this week and thought, “What fun!” Let’s take a look back at 35 things I did while I was 35, shall we?
1. I spent my 35th birthday in the unemployment office. It’s the opposite of where I’ll be spending my 36th birthday.
2. I applied and interviewed for so. many. jobs. I’ve never interviewed for more jobs (in all of my years combined.)
3. But then I started my current job and it’s been a whirlwind of fun, excitement, newness. So many things.
4. I ordered a hog as one of my job duties last spring. It was one of the strangest things I’ve had to do so far.
5. I ran the Thomas Wolfe 8k super fast with Carol. I think it was a PR.
6. I ran a half marathon. I didn’t achieve a PR, but I did pretty good overall.
7. We took a beach vacation as a family. First time ever!
8. I have traveled a lot this year. For work and personal trips.
9. I visited Indianapolis for the first time (for a work conference) and was able to explore my first day by running through downtown.
10. I moved my blog to WordPress and then I changed my design and have mostly stuck with the same design for past several months.
11. Speaking of blogs…I monetized my blog more this past year than ever before. That’s huge for me. (Even though it’s not a huge amount of money.) And I hope it’s still fun to read!
12. I went back to Type-A Parent Conference for the fourth time….and had a blast.
13. I reconnected with old blogger friends (and pretty sure I’m even better friends with several fabulous ladies than I was before.)
14. I started my 12 projects in 12 months project. I have several projects to post, but just haven’t gotten to the full recaps yet!
15. I found a love of reading again. And I discovered Kristan Higgins. (I’ve read every book of hers now, and out of 13 there is not one that I don’t love.)
16. Stream of Consciousness posts became a link-up on the blog. (And they’re some of my favorite posts to write.)
17. We had our first family portraits taken with my friend, Lindsay. This was the first time we didn’t go somewhere in the mall for our pictures and I loved them.
18. This past weekend we had our second set of family portraits taken by Lindsay (and I’m loving what I’ve seen so far!)
19. We picked apples for the first time!
20. We’ve visited the local corn maze 3 times so far this season, with plans of a fourth visit next week.
21. We threw our annual Oscars party, and I think this one was just as fun (maybe more fun?) than previous parties.
22. That weekend previously mentioned at Type-A? Well, I had an epic weekend in Atlanta. So epic that it hasn’t been blogged about and I’m not quite sure it ever will (but it was pretty well documented all over social media.)
23. I sporadically scrapbooked this past year. I wish I’d done more, but it was what I could do at the time.
24. I saw Matt Nathanson and Joshua Radin last fall and it was the. best. show.
25. I saw Edwin McCain at a charity event in August and it was such a great night with a dear friend and Edwin’s music.
26. I tackled a literal mountain on my running loop – and I made it up the hill without stopping. Quite the achievement for me this past spring.
27. Several of my friends went on the LaZoom comedy tour with me this past weekend and I haven’t laughed like that in a long time (or since I was in Atlanta last month.)
28. My husband and I hit the 10-year milestone in our relationship last month. We started dating ten years ago, and later this month we’ll celebrate our 7-year wedding anniversary.
29. I ran the Greenway Challenge 10k in April! I’ve only spectated this race until this year. And I ran it with Bari!
30. I joined the NC Blogger Network and am helping plan an event in the Asheville area. Through that network, I’ve also met some fabulous people and made new friends!
31. My husband received his Masters degree in December. While this isn’t something I necessarily did, I was with him for that entire process.
32. I bought an embroidery machine. I haven’t used it. It actually hasn’t been taken out of the box (and I received it in August.)
33. I created two seasonal bucket lists and I managed to knock most things off the lists. What can I say? I love lists.
34. We went camping as a family for the first time ever. One night. I’m good for a few more years, I think.
35. 35 was good to me. I’m hoping for equally as good – if not better – things this next year.
Julie @ Running in a skirt says
Happy Birthday Jaime!!! What a great idea for a post. I loved the roundup.
Susanna @Zealous Mom says
I love this post!! Such a cute idea. My birthday is this month, too (10/23), so I may have to do the same thing. Super cool idea. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!