I’ve received product and compensation for the following article. As per my disclosure, all opinions are my own.
It’s been a few short years since we welcomed our son – our first baby. I remember the overwhelming feelings of searching for the right products and making sure we had everything we needed when he arrived. When he was finally here, I had a hard time getting out of the house to get any necessities. (This feeling continues today – almost 4 years later.) I became so grateful to have sites like kids.woot to help with my online purchases.
Five things I really needed, but didn’t realize I needed were:
1. A good monitor. I wish we’d gone with a video monitor. The one we had was amazing, but I love the idea of having a video monitor when the babies are small.
2. Burp clothes. Wash clothes. And more burp clothes. Babies make a lot of messes.
3. A drying rack. We learned we needed this several months into parenthood. You have a lot of parts whether it’s from bottles or pumps or when you hit the solid food stage. A drying rack saves a lot of headaches.
4. Teething rings – especially ones we could refrigerate. We had a few to start off with, but we could never be far from a clean one (or have a spare when one fell on the ground.)
5. A mat for my car to protect the seats from the car seat (and from his kicking the seat when he got taller.)
The folks at kids.woot are hosting an online baby shower event this week. The perfect time to stock up on what you – or an expecting friend – may need! I actually have several friends who are expecting first and second babies right now. I feel like maybe there’s a baby boom happening in my life!
So what is kids.woot? It’s a deals site that caters to kids of all ages. You can find infant bathtubs to car seats to vitamins and toys. These items come at discounted prices and are available for a limited time, or until the item is sold out. The daily deals last 24 hours (or until it sells out, whichever comes first.) They also have Plus Events that last 3-5 days.
Right now you can find a wide variety of items from toys to step stools for the bathroom to baby gates. Oh, and the kick mats I mentioned above. You can’t go wrong with the kick mats.
But, hurry! Many of the deals end on Friday, June 12 and a few have already sold out.
What baby item do you like to give new parents?
**I received baby products in exchange for this post. All opinions are my own. I do have a young child and many friends with babies, so you can trust when I say that I highly recommend all products mentioned here.