Many years ago I attended a blog conference. Blogging was still relatively new, but I had one. I wasn’t a parent, and it was a little strange for me to attend the Type-A Mom conference (what it was called back then.) The next year I was a cat mom, so I was one step closer to being “qualified” I thought. I enjoyed the conference and have gone on to attend multiple Type-A Parent conferences…as a mom!
Type-A Conference is coming up in October (I’ll be there for my birthday!) I think this is my fifth time attending. Each time I learn something new and I see myself going to this conference over any other for years to come.
And now for my top 5 reasons you should attend Type-A Parent Conference. (Even if you aren’t a parent. Don’t let that stop you!) Of course, below are a doze reasons why you should attend.
1. You will meet fabulous people. Non-judgmental people. (And if you meet a judgmental person, you can just walk away and ignore that person. Really. Judge-y people are not allowed at Type-A.) I’ve met some of my closest friends at Type-A. These friends are one of my primary reasons for going back this year. (See: Susanna, Karen and Jen. Also see Andrea, but I hear she isn’t going to be in Atlanta this year.)
2. The sessions are the best. I’ve learned about creating a media kit, working with brands, writing what I love and so much more. Some sessions are only 30 or 40 minutes long. Some are longer. Occasionally you can get into the one-on-one sessions. There are different tracks you can follow. I don’t always stick to the same track – I stick with what interests me in that moment.
3. You will meet brands one on one. That’s the beauty of Type-A. You are up close and personal with bloggers and brands. And some of those brands will remember you after you leave the conference hotel at the end of the long weekend. You may even go on to work closely with some of those brands. If you don’t want to get up close and personal with a brand, that’s ok too. Find your blogging friends – there will be hundreds of them – and enjoy some in-real-life time together.
4. The content is not the same year to year. You may get similar topics, but you will always get new information. Want to work with brands? That information is going to change every year. Are you just starting out and need to know how to make back end changes to your blog? More than likely, there will be a session for you. Want to create an eye-catching media kit? There will be a session for you. Want to be a better writer? Chances are there is a session for you, too.
5. It’s inspiring. You’re around your people. You know how Cristina Yang and Meredith Grey had each other on ‘Grey’s Anatomy’? They were each others “person.” That’s what blogger friends are to me. People that understand why you blog, even if you aren’t in it for the money. I definitely can’t quit my day job to blog full time (yet.) My friends understand this feeling. You will hear from other people just like yourself who have grown exponentially in this blogging world and you will walk away inspired.
Type-A Conference will be in Atlanta this October (join me for my birthday), but they will also have a bootcamp in New York City. (I’m jealous that I won’t be in NYC with you, if you choose to attend.) For the next week, you can save 20% off your pass with the code PARTNERSPECIAL.
Type-A Parent, founded in 2007, hosts the world’s top conferences for mom and dad bloggers. This year, Type-A Parent has a New York City bootcamp (focus: brand-blogger relations) plus our 7th annual conference in Atlanta. Type-A Parent has a well-established reputation for outstanding learning with actionable takeaways. It features power networking with the best and brightest parents who blog plus the major brands and firms who want to engage them. Type-A is where influential digital parents grow their business and connect. Register at Type-A Parent Conference. Use CODE PARTNERSPECIAL to get 20% off for one day only!
**Note that I am an official Type-A Parent Blog Partner. The links above are affiliate links. I may make a commission if you decide to attend Type-A and you use my link. This will help fund any future Type-A trips I’m able to take.**
Finally….are you attending any of the Type-A Parent conferences or bootcamps this year? Any other blog conference?