The following is a sponsored post on behalf of Klement’s Sausages. As usual, all opinions are my own.
Whoever thought summer was the busiest time of the year apparently hasn’t seen my fall. My husband and I sat down two weeks ago to go over our schedules and we have plans every weekend from late August through early November. It may be winter before we have a break. With all of our plans and out of town trips, we need fuel to keep us going. Enter my top 5 (EASY!) on-the-go snacks.
- Apples. I live in apple country. There is no shortage of the fruit in my town (and one of our trips will soon be to visit an apple orchard.) Apples are so easy to have on hand. I tend to cut mine into slices – a habit I started a few years ago when my son preferred them that way.
- Trail mix. Make your own or buy some already made. (Making your own isn’t difficult and you can eliminate ingredients you may not enjoy. For instance, my husband is not a raisin lover, so I would make something with plenty of nuts and dried fruit – minus the raisins.)
- Klement’s Snack Sticks! These are small and easy to carry around. They come in such a variety of flavors that there is really something for everyone. They are added protein and can keep you satisfied longer than sugary snacks. Win-win for everyone!
- Crackers. Being a mom to a 5-year-old, we have a lot of goldfish crackers in the house. I buy them in bulk and put them in snack bags and containers to have with me.
- Dehydrated fruit or vegetables. I love, love, love the Inner Peas from Trader Joe’s. They’re baked peas (and many grocery stores sell them under a different name.) They are simple and filling and not awful for me.
Not only is all of this great for on the go, but my husband has been taking the Klement’s Snack Sticks to teacher meetings. Apparently they are a hit.
Kenny and I are traveling this week (separately.) I’ll be taking snacks along since I’m unsure of scheduling over my two day trip. My husband is flying to California on Friday and won’t have a chance in his 40 minute layover to grab breakfast. He’s planning on taking apples and the Klement’s Snack Sticks, both of which he has been taking to work on a daily basis. The Snack Sticks will give him the protein he needs (the man cannot go without meat for a meal) and the apple is easy and healthy – plus these both can get through airport security without cause for concern!