Today’s blog every day challenge was to post a rant. And I’ve been ranting all morning (and it’s only 9:00.) Then I read Julie’s blog post and realized that I needed to focus on the positive and not all of the crazy junk that’s happened in the past 15 hours. I have so many things to be happy about. And here are 5.
1. Music. I find so much comfort in music, and I sometimes find myself sitting in my car (usually in my driveway) listening to a song on the radio all the way until the end. I need those few minutes to clear my head. And fun songs make me happy.
2. Gardening, even if it’s just for a few minutes. I spent half an hour last night weeding, planting a few bulbs and picking spinach. I did all of this in my work clothes, so it really wasn’t strenuous. I was just happy I took the few minutes to do these things (and tonight we are having sauteed spinach with our dinner. FABULOUS.)
3. Splashing water. Watch this video and tell me that it doesn’t make you happy.
4. Close proximity of home to work. I left my lunch at home today, and since I work 3 miles from my house, it’s not a huge deal.
5. Vacation plans. We have some in the works and I’m super excited that we’ll be able to make a trip or two this summer.
What are five things that make you happy?