View from yesterday’s run.
1. What did you eat for breakfast? Oatmeal. I tend to eat oatmeal almost every morning, except on weekends I may make pancakes.
2. How much water do you drink a day? Not enough. For a while I was drinking about 96 (or more!) ounces of water each day. Now I’m lucky if I get 32 ounces.
3. What is your current favorite workout? Running during lunch hour. It’s so nice to just be able to leave my desk for a half hour or more and enjoy the (usually) nice weather.
4. How many calories do you eat a day? I have no idea. Too many? Or just enough? My weight has not changed in a while and I need to change that.
5. What are your favorite healthy snacks? I’m a big fan of dried fruit (apples, bananas). Lately, though, I’ve been keeping Chex Mix in my drawer at work. It beats cupcakes that can usually be found in our office.
6. What do you usually eat for lunch? Leftovers from the night before. We like to make sure we make at least 4+ servings of a meal so we have enough for lunch. Otherwise, I tend to grab Subway sandwiches because it’s within walking distance of my office.
7. What is your favorite body part to strength train? When I was part of a gym, I loved doing leg workouts. I also really like doing core workouts.
8. What is your least favorite body part to strength train? My arms. I think because they need so much work, I just hate working them.
9. What are your “bad” food cravings? Candy. Chocolate. Anything with sugar.
10. Do you take vitamins or supplements? I take Flintstones vitamins each day. (Don’t laugh. The doctor says it’s perfectly fine.)
11. How often do you eat out? Maybe once a week.
12. Do you eat fast food? See above. Yes. Just not every day and sometimes not weekly. I try to keep my fast food to a minimum.
13. Who is your biggest supporter? My family and friends are great supporters. My dad may be my biggest supporter when it comes to running. He loves to discuss running with me.
14. Do you have a gym membership? No.
15. How many hours of sleep do you get at night? If I’m lucky, 7 hours. (And that’s a recent change since my kid hasn’t always slept through the night.) Even on the weekends, I tend to only get about 7 hours of sleep at night. I need a little more to be perfectly honest, but I do what I can with 7 hours of rest.
16. Do you have a “cheat” day? If I’m “dieting” or counting points on Weight Watchers, I will have cheat moments, but not normally cheat days.
17. Do you drink alcohol? Yes. I’m a fan of rum. I don’t drink much these days (not even once a week. More like once or twice a month.)
18. Do you have a workout buddy? At work, I will usually run with my boss. On weekends, I have several friends I can run with (but often end up running alone because of schedules.)
19. What is the best thing that has changed about your life since committing to a healthy lifestyle? I love running. I gave it up my senior year of college, and gained so much weight. When I rediscovered it just out of college, I became happy with myself again. It’s a great stress reliever and I’m just a happier person when I am leading a healthier lifestyle. (Endorphins are awesome!)
20. What was the last healthy thing you did? I ran 7 miles at lunch yesterday. Does that count?