Time for Friday 5! I’m linking up again with EmmyMom.
1. It’s been kind of a slow week. That said, two out of three of us have been sick since Monday. (I’m one of the two. The toddler is the other one.) I’m ready for the weekend so we can rest, and try to start next week out on the right foot – and without summer colds.
2. With all of the sickness, I’ve managed to get a lot of much-needed rest this week. (The toddler too. But he has also been skipping naps. Sneaky kid.) And I finished another book. Emily Giffin’s, “The One & Only.” At one point, I had actually set the book aside for a few days because I did not like the story. It ended ok. I’m not thrilled with the book as a whole. I need something that I’ll love again.
3. I’m considering taking on a fairly ambitious crafty-endeavor this fall leading into Christmas. It’ll involve an Etsy shop. And some kind, fun shoppers. Once I know a little more, I’ll post info. Just know that the creative juices are flowing. And I hope that this doesn’t totally blow up in my face. It’s an investment in time and money, and I’ve already invested some of both.
4. It’s AUGUST. Can you believe it? My son will be 3 at the end of this month. And I have a billion things planned (work stuff) this month. Apparently, it’s the beginning of the busy season at the university, and I get to be involved with welcoming back students AND working with alumni. (I’m loving everything so far, so this is definitely not a complaint.)
5. I’ve been prepping items for a consignment sale in our area next week. I have to have everything entered for tags by tomorrow night. Even though I sign up months in advance, and I know this sale is coming twice a year, I have SUCH a hard time finding stuff to consign. I don’t know if it’s because we’re still undecided on a second baby or if I’m just overwhelmed with all of the baby stuff. Maybe a little of both.
Puzzle pieces for lunch. (See my bento post for more lunch ideas.)
Tomorrow is another Stream of Consciousness post! It runs Saturday and Sunday, so if you have time and can link up (it literally takes 5 minutes to post. Another minute to link up.) Please do!