I hate that I get so tired during the week. I push myself to the point of exhaustion. This is my first week with no furlough or personal days since the second week of January. It’s been rough. And because of that, you get a list tonight. A list of what I’ve been up to this week (and last weekend.)
1. The husband went to Atlanta on Friday for a field trip. I stayed home/went to cool meetings all day and started painting the kitchen ceiling. It was a bear to paint. I ordered pizza for dinner, called a friend and she and my mom came over to watch The Holiday, eat pizza and crochet. Total girls night.
2. Saturday was running, and movie/painting day. The husband watched “Must Love Dogs” with me, which means he was exhausted from Friday.
3. Sunday was more painting and my day to watch “27 Dresses” (for the second time in a week.)
4. Monday. More painting. Re-watched “The Holiday.” Can you tell we’ve only unpacked a few movies? I have 4 chick flicks I’ve managed to find. At some point, I’ll watch “The Wedding Date” over and over.
5. I was asked by an old boss to do some consulting work. I have my first consulting job on Monday. Pretty exciting. I’ll be teaching the art of facebook, blogging and twitter. Fun stuff!
6. Ceramics class was Tuesday, but I was so. tired. and I didn’t paint. I then went to a meeting for our election precinct. There were five of us, and I knew three of the other four people. I scored a possible web and another consulting gig.
7. Took an actual lunch hour today and went to Banana Republic. Bought a sweater. It was an additional 30% off. I felt I deserved it (I also got paid for a freelance job today, so that more than covered the new sweater.) Even if I have a bad day today, I’ll look cute tomorrow!
8. I’ve been running in freezing temps for what seems like forever. It’s supposed to warm up tomorrow and be in the 60s – almost 70s – by Saturday. Yay!!
9. My arms are still pretty banged up from Monday’s cat rescue. I haven’t seen the cat owners either. I hope Biscuit is ok.
10. We’re plotting a trip to DC when my brother comes home. It’ll probably be a long weekend, but oh-so-fun. I’ve never been there. I want to go somewhere new.
11. I’m building up my professional site in hopes to get more freelance work. I gave a friend a website quote today, so that could potentially be yet another job for me. I’m also wondering if consulting might be the wave of my future.
12. Someone brought in a New York Times article for me to check out today. The article is about Google’s first female engineer. She sounds pretty awesome. She’s 33 and I wish she’d be my friend.
13. My marathon training feels like it’s going well. I want to be stronger than ever before, and I think I’m almost there. I run 16 miles this Saturday. We’re starting to hit the high mileage!
14. While I’m not raising money for TNT this season, I know several people who are. Kimberly is a runner with me and is also doing Country Music (half) Marathon next month. If you’d like to, feel free to jump over to her site and make a donation. It goes to a great cause. Fight leukemia. Let’s find a cure for that hellacious disease.
15. I think I’m done. I hope you are having a good Wednesday.