I love decorating and crafting for Christmas, and this year I appear to be in a mason jar crafting mood. (Next week I have another mason jar craft coming your way!) For right now, I have these super fun and easy painted Christmas Mason Jars!
And if you don’t decorate or craft much for Christmas, the snowmen are still SO FUN. Bonus: They can be left out for several months for the winter season.
What You Need:
3 Mason Jars
Red Acrylic Paint
Brown Acrylic Paint
White Acrylic Paint
Black Puffy Paint
Red Glitter Glue
Gold Puffy Paint
Brushes or Sponge Brushes
- Start by painting one jar red, one white, and one brown.
- Let dry completely, and paint a second coat and let dry completely again.
- For your white jar, use your black puffy paint to make 3 black “buttons”, as shown.
- For your red jar, start by using your black puffy paint to make a black band around the center of your jar.
- For your brown jar, use your red glitter glue, to make a red “nose” in the center, as shown.
- Let all of your jars dry completely.
- Fish your red jar by using your gold puffy paint to make a gold “buckle”.
- Let the jars dry one final time and then enjoy them!
I think these are the perfect craft for kids to work on, as well. They really are easy enough for anyone, however the drying time may deter kids (so have another craft happening simultaneously to avoid any craft boredom or burnout.)
I’m not decorating for the holidays for at least another week, but I can’t wait to get started!
Beth Ann Chiles says
Cute and simple ideas! I love it! I may make some of these to put cookies in as gifts this year! Thanks!
Andrea Eisen says
These are so cute! Maybe I can try to make some with my kiddo this year. She would love it.
Deborah G. says
These are super cute! The Santa jacket jar is my favorite.
I love decorating for Christmas too. These are super-cute and don’t look that difficult! Thanks for the post!
Early christmas DIY! Love it
This looks like a fun craft to do for the holidays.