Christmas is one of my favorite times of year to make crafts – especially crafts with my kids. I really love when they come home with their creations from preschool and now grade school, and I’ve kept a LOT of their pieces (or I’ve scanned items to use in scrapbooks.) This Christmas tree craft is a fun addition to your holiday crafting with kids.
They can be made in so many ways (with or without the ball ornaments/lights) and different color papers. You could always add glitter glue or even use glitter cardstock or scrapbook paper to add a little extra sparkle to your tree!
Download the templates by signing up below.
I also like that this craft can help kids work on those fine motor skills if they’re cutting out the shapes. My youngest really loves using scissors, and this is good practice for her, while keeping her entertained because she LOVES making crafts!
What you need to make this Christmas tree craft:
- Assorted colors of construction paper or card stock
- A pencil to trace the template
- Glue (or glue sticks!)
- optional: If you have an empty toilet paper roll, you can use that for the base (trunk of the tree.) Otherwise, you can make the base out of brown paper.
How to make this Christmas tree craft:
- Step 1 – Print and cut out the patterns from the template. Select two different shades of green
colored paper for the tree pattern. Trace the tree pieces on the green papers and cut out the pattern.
- Step 2 – Attach the 4 tree patterns, keeping the small cutouts on the top.
- Step 3 – Trace and cut out the decorations.
- Step 4 – Attach the strips (the lights) on the tree pattern first.
- Step 5 – Now, attach some of the small round cutouts (lights) on the light strands.
- Step 6 – Attach the colorful round cutouts on the tree pattern randomly. Attach the star to the top point of the tree.
If you don’t have an empty toilet paper roll (or even a paper towel tube), continue with the following steps:
- Step 7 – Cut out the trunk (square shape) pattern from brown paper.
- Step 8 – Roll the paper and glue the open sides to form a cylinder shape. Cut 2 slits on 2 opposite sides of the rolled paper.
- Step 9 – Insert the bottom end of the tree through the slit to attach it with the trunk.
Other Christmas crafts you may like:
- Easy Grinch Bookmark Craft – DIY for kids and adults!
- DIY Christmas Mason Jars – so easy to make!
- DIY Snow Globe and my love for “While You Were Sleeping”
- How to make Christmas tree scented soap
Leave a Reply