Thanks to Terminix for sponsoring this post. As always, opinions are my own. Links below may be affiliate links.
Halloween is so close, and we are almost ready! Costumes have been ordered (and received – we have a family costume theme this year!) Pumpkin has been acquired, though we may purchase one more. And our candy to give to trick-or-treaters has been purchased (and I haven’t opened the bag, so no worries about me eating it all before next week.) We’re attending a friend’s Halloween party this coming weekend – and how fun would Witch Hat Donuts be to take along to a party?
First off, have you ever tried making your own donuts? It’s surprisingly easy. Once you have the donut pan (linked below), you can make donuts and make them as festive as you’d like. These witch hats would compliment any party!
You could make vanilla/cake donuts or you could go for chocolate donuts. Either way, they’d be so tasty.
Orange and Purple Decorating Icing
Wilton Donut Pan
- Mix cake mix, water, vegetable oil and eggs according to the cake mix box.
- Spray the donut pan with cooking spray.
- Pour the donut mix into a measuring cup for easy pouring. Pour the donut mix into the donut pan, making sure not to fill all the way to the top.
- Bake for 12 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Melt the black candy melts in microwave or with this Wilton Melting Pot.
- Dip the top of he donuts in the black melts.The melts harden quickly but let them set for about 5 minutes.
- Place a chocolate in the center of the donut to cover up the donut hole. Use the purple decorating icing to ice a “ribbon” around the base of the chocolate (witch hat). Use the orange decorating icing to ice on a “buckle”.
- Enjoy this fun treat!
I think they’re so fun and festive. And they’d be great for all ages.
How will you be celebrating Halloween?