I’ve been stuck in a Christmas music warp lately. It got me thinking – what are other people’s favorite holiday songs? I own many holiday/Christmas albums. I love traditional songs by artists that my grandparents enjoy, but I admit to loving songs from Kelly Clarkson and even Taylor Swift. (I’m a big T-Swift fan outside of the holidays. Her holiday album is just ok for me.) Here are a few songs that I’m playing on repeat this month (also, some of the links are affiliate links. I may be compensated if you purchase the album).
1. Kelly Clarkson – Winter Dreams. I love singing this in the car. It’s difficult for me to not sing it in my office.
2. Straight No Chaser – how about all of it? These guys are amazing. But, really, I love The 12 Days of Christmas by the group. Especially the middle/ending. I have Holiday Spirits and Christmas Cheers. Both are fantastic and not to be missed.
3. Idina Menzel – All I Want for Christmas Is You. This one is new to my collection and Idina is FANTASTIC in this song. (I really like Mariah Carey’s version too, but love this one more.)
4. Trans Siberian Orchestra – Christmas Canon. When I worked retail a few years ago during the holidays, I loved when this song came on our playlist. Whatever music they had it repeated itself every so many minutes (which could be awfulllll), but this song is so pretty.
5. Boyz II Men – Silent Night. Oh yes. I went wayyyyyy back for this song. It’s worth it, though.
Bonus song: Oh Holy Night by Josh Groban. I heard this one again on the radio and couldn’t believe I forgot about it!
Your turn. What is your favorite holiday song?