This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #Feelinvigorated #CollectiveBias
Earlier this summer, I mentioned how I’ve been working hard on our guest room. I emptied the room, tried to organize as much as I could, but I also had to segment this room to accommodate guests, extra toys and my office space. My husband really wanted a space to rest (or meditate) and I needed space for my office and craft needs. The bed got a new look with a new duvet, and the walls near the bed have new artwork. Things were heading in the right direction.
My primary use for this room is for my work space. I want to feel calm when I’m having to complete work or when I’m feeling crafty, and I needed a plan for my desk.
I love to add candles to every room in my house (within reason. I can’t have them in the reach of my young son.) This room was no exception. Our guest space is multi-functional, but also needs to leave us feeling invigorated and refreshed. I don’t want to feel overwhelmed if I’m working on a craft project. When we use this room for reading, we need something that helps us relax. Earlier this month, I picked up the Glade® Blue Odyssey™ Large Candle in the new 9.2 ounce size to change the feeling of this space.
Blue Odyssey™ is a fragrant blend of flowers and sweet peach with a touch of amber. It combines the feelings of water, air and earth and leaves you feeling ready to take on the next task. It’s available at Walmart, and the larger candle size is nice – I don’t have to run back to Walmart right away to get another one! The large candle burns up to 60 hours, which is a LOT of hours to leave you feeling invigorated! If you purchase 2 Glade® large candles (9.2 oz. size) at Walmart, you can feel invigorated! They’re already reasonably priced, and now there’s no reason to NOT get one.
My desk is a hand-me-down from my mom (who received it from an aunt, I believe.) It holds so much for me – from work files to craft supplies. I recently cleared the entire desk to reorganize. It had been a few years since I’d done that, and it was in dire need of a clean-out. On top I’m keeping my “necessities.” My lamp, a canister of pens, some Project Life cards (for easy journaling!), my LifePlanner and my small printer. The candle fits in easily – and the jar is pretty. I already accessorize with the color blue, so this compliments all of my belongings nicely. And let’s not ignore our family photos over the desk. (I really love photos!)
My advice if you have to combine your work space with a guest space:
- Make room. Clear the nightstands and your desk.
- Display what you use most frequently or is most important. I love having washi tape around, so a few rolls generally get prime real estate on my desk.
- Add lamps! We have two lamps in this room in addition to the ceiling light. The lamps add to the overall mood.
- Invest in matching bedding. This was a big deal to me when I was single. I had a guest space, and I wanted everything to match. (We recently received a new comforter and duvet, and I worked on making the color scheme of the room fit.)
- Accessorize with candles. Even when not lit, candles look pretty and a lot will have a fragrance while unburned. If you are burning your candles, let them burn for an extended time so they will burn evenly and thus last longer.
This room is a space for us to get away, even if we can’t really leave the house. We can recharge through resting, reading, meditating or crafting. The Glade® Blue Odyssey™ Large Candle helps us to do all that.
What helps you feel invigorated? What are some of the ways you like to make your home more inviting?