Five thoughts for the day.
1. I’m really excited about the Christmas season. I still have several Halloween decorations (pumpkins) still out. The toddler loves the light-up ceramic pumpkin I made years ago, and I’ve been hesitant in putting everything away because he loves it so much. After Christmas last year, I bought him the Little People nativity set and I cannot WAIT to put it out! (It may get set up today before he gets home from daycare.) By the way, I paid less than $20 for the set. I can’t justify $40 for what is essentially a toy. If you have really small children and can wait until after Christmas, or are expecting a baby, I highly recommend buying it after Christmas.
2. We have so many leaves to mulch again. Unfortunately, the weather has been cold and wet, so I can’t mow them right now. I need warmer, dryer weather in the next 5 days. (Ok, so it’s warmer today, but still wet. I need warm, dry conditions. K?) That is all.
3. I woke up at 6 this morning and actually worked out. I haven’t worked out that early since I lost my job. I need to do that more often and make a habit out of exercising early again. Do you know how much energy I had once the toddler was up and chasing me around? SO MUCH.
4. I ordered a few cookie cutters from the Sweet Baking Supply a few weeks ago and made cookies for my best friend’s daughter’s first birthday party. (This is the same baby that was born 6 weeks early a year ago!) The cookies are awesome, and I’m so glad to a part of the big celebration this weekend!
5. Black Friday is in one week and I’m not sure how much, if any, shopping I’ll do on that day. I think I wasn’t quite feeling it last year, and I’m not feeling it again this year. Are my Black Friday shopping days over? Do you get out with the crowds on that day or prefer to do your shopping online?