A five things Friday for you to start your weekend. Also, I’m linking up with EmmyMom again.
1. We got hit with a super fast, super hard storm this morning at work. (I’m hoping my house is ok, because I know this storm went that direction. I also believe that it was hardest in the county I work, and not where I live.) The storm damaged several trees on our campus, one of which was planted by one of our presidents back in 1902. It makes me sad to see something with so much history so damaged.
2. Have you ever heard of Norwex? It’s a cleaning product that is eco-friendly, which makes me a happy camper. Their cloths are pretty cool and I have a dusting mitt that I’ve used (without any type of cleaning agent, which they also sell.) I’m going to do a bigger post on it sometime in the next day or so. My friend Mendie is selling their products now and I’m in love!
3. I signed up for another DietBet. If you’ll recall (if you have been a longer-term reader), I did this last summer and blogged about it. It was not the healthiest experience for me. I don’t know why I decided to give it a second shot, but I had thought about it a few days and then just did it. I’ve managed to (mostly) give up soda again and I definitely find myself tracking my food, thinking about fruits for snacks (versus all the candy, carbs and goodness) and just looking at food differently. I’m still tracking with Weight Watchers, and trying to be healthier overall. I’ll keep you posted on how it ends up.
4. I’ve been a giveaway fanatic on the blog this month. I’m almost sorry, but also these are products that I L-O-V-E. Two of the giveaways end on Monday, so if you’re in the market for a plate for your toddler, or a sun hat and rash guard for your kiddo, please be sure to check out each giveaway. (If you search my blog or any of my photos, you will see my son using all of the products – even before I had specific items in hand for reviews/giveaways!)
5. We are trying to plan a short vacation this summer. I decided to try vrbo.com and so far I have not been impressed or had good luck. One listing said that they required a 3-night minimum stay. That’s what I’m trying to book. And the owner emailed me last night and declined our trip because he just “knew they could get a better offer.” If I wanted it for the 7 nights, they were happy to rent it to me. My advice? If you’re an owner on VRBO, and you want that 7-night stay, make that your minimum. I’ve reached out to a different owner, and they appear to be much nicer and accommodating. So fingers crossed.
Chloe likes to be RIGHT ON ME.
My clematis flowers are blooming! (There are now four, but it’s been fun to see what opens up overnight.)
Tree damage from the storm.
My go-to drink for summer. The watermelon cooler. (I found this at Chili’s and I need to duplicate the recipe.)
And the only photo to not make it to Instagram this week. My boy coloring last night.
So. Any fun plans for the weekend? Or any random tidbits from this week you’d like to share?