I’m linking up with Emmy today for Friday 5. Five stories from my week and five random photos.
1. I survived graduation reception. I even made MHU cookies for the occasion (and some of the graduates were spotted taking photos with the cookies. It was pretty awesome.) It was a success and I felt like I was going to fall over by the end of it. In fact, I was so exhausted, I thought the building was moving on Friday. And again on Saturday. So much exhaustion, but it was all worth it.
2. My allergy attack from a couple of weeks ago led to an eye infection, which turned into a double eye infection and gave me a week vacation from contacts. I actually hate wearing my glasses full-time, so I’m just feeling very blah this week. I’m hoping I can be cleared on Monday and can wear my contacts again. My boss told me I look hipster when I wear my glasses, so I’ve got that going for me, I guess. (Oh, and I’m also having to use eye drops four times a day and they burn!) By the way, I’m very aware that this is a first world problem and really a non-issue. I’m lucky to have glasses that I can see with.
3. Are you following American Idol? One of the top two finalists is from Asheville, my hometown. In fact, he’s a graduate of the same high school I graduated from (and he has ties to the university I attended/currently work for.) It’s kind of cool. I don’t watch Idol on a regular basis, but I’m rooting for Caleb.
4. We’re considering a (very short) camping trip this summer. Long, long ago, I registered for camping gear before we were married. We received it all at one of our wedding showers. It’s never been used. We’ll be married 7 years in October, and the husband wants to use the stuff this summer. So. Yeah. That should be interesting. Have you ever been camping with a 2.5-year-old?
5. I did the elliptical during lunch yesterday. Four miles in 32 minutes. My legs are still jello-like. Also, it’s really nice having the fitness center almost completely to myself while students are home for the summer. I don’t have to fight over the tv, the weights, or any of the machines I want to use! It’s like I have a private health club!
After an epic meltdown, he calmed down while eating dinner. And then he said, “I need a treat.” He wanted a cookie, but we didn’t have any, so he said, “I need an ice cream treat.” So off to The Hop we went.
MHU cookies – sprayed gold.
Chloe. This is blurry because she’s always moving, and in this moment she was tapping me to pet her. Always tapping.
Bubble blowing with my boy.
How was your week? Any fun plans for the weekend?