It’s time for another Friday 5. (So many thanks to Emily for hosting this link up!)
1. I think I could use a bit of me-time at the beach. Just an afternoon on the beach with a book. Sounds good, right? It won’t happen (not anytime soon), but it’s nice to dream.
2. I’ve been running more lately. The weather has been crazy nice in western North Carolina. I was able to get a really great lunchtime run in yesterday. My average pace was under 10-minutes per mile! I also wasn’t dead of humidity and heat. This is SO unusual for July.
3. We’ve been doing a great job of weeding out most of the junk from our diet this week. I’ve seen a difference in my weight, and how some of my clothes are fitting. I’ve also seen a difference in my sleep – like I can’t fall asleep easily. I don’t know what my problem is (I ditched caffeine, so THAT isn’t it.)
4. I have to brag on my husband for just a minute. He’s accomplished so much this past year, and I rarely talk about him on here. He was recently named an ASCD Emerging Leader. This is quite an accomplishment. It was announced in June, but he found out in May. And since the news was released, he has gained so many connections and opportunities in the education world. (Not job offers, don’t worry school system. He’s not going anywhere.) Anyway, he has a blog and he posted this month about the day he was named the Emerging Leader. If you have a moment, take a look at his blog. (Also, if you’re in education, you may be interested in his blog.)
5. I’m running a Color Run next week. Have you ever completed one? I’m getting really excited about it. I know it’ll be fun, but I also don’t really know what to expect!
And now for five random photos…
Happy Friday! Any good plans for the weekend?
**Tomorrow is week 3 of Stream of Consciousness Saturday #SOCSaturday. If you have five minutes to blog randomly, I encourage you to link up!