It’s another Friday 5 – and I’m linking up once again with Emily at Emmy Mom. Five random stories, five photos from this past week.
1. My toddler turned 3 this past weekend. And one of his daycare friends turned 1 yesterday. They had a little party for her at daycare, and he’s crying in the photos. Apparently he didn’t want his photo to be taken. The kid doesn’t like the Happy Birthday song and he hates for his picture to be taken. We’ve entered a lovely stage.
2. I had two lunches in other cities this week – Tuesday and Wednesday. I drove 3.5 hours each way, two days in a row. All for lunch. I did this so I wouldn’t have to spend the evenings away from my persnickety toddler. It was one of the craziest decisions I’ve made this week (and I apparently make a lot of crazy decisions.)
3. I haven’t shown you the birthday party yet. I managed to pull off a few Pinterest-worthy things for the small party. The birthday cake, however, was an epic fail. I made three cakes because the first two dinosaur cakes stuck to the pan. The third – and final – cake ended up being a round cake. With dinosaur candles. Everyone loved it.
4. I also have another completed project to share soon! I promise these posts are almost ready to be published, so check back next week. This project was a cloth book and I made three, so two are going to end up in my Etsy shop. (If you have a Dinosaur Train fan in your family, then this cloth book is for YOU!)
5. I’ve had a series of blog posts this week that you should really check out! There is a free photo book offer from Shutterfly, Gymboree just launched an Eric Carle line (seriously cute pajamas for your little one) and I have a book giveaway! I promise to have more posts with fewer affiliate links next week. Promise.
Dinosaur takes on diet Coke.
Sometimes you can’t find tape – and it’s ok to use washi tape. It’s actually cute.
Chocolate-y, birthday selfie.
Are you familiar with Hugo? He turned 1 this summer and has been kicking cancer butt. My boy gave his cheesiest smile while also saying #goHugo this week.
Work life. I was first in line for this train on Wednesday. My toddler would have been SO excited to see it, and unfortunately I was just stuck.
How was your week?