1. We’ve been fortunate to experience some great weather this week. Unfortunately, it’s supposed to rain all day today and possibly tomorrow. Not fun when you have a kiddo who needs to be outside. We so need outside time. I’m coming up with rainy day activities to keep him busy, just in case we’re not lucky tomorrow.
2. I’m running a 5k tomorrow! It’s my first race since I’ve started weight lifting. I haven’t been doing a ton of long distance running, so I’m anxious to see just how I do during this race. (Don’t worry. I will tell you all about it next week!)
3. One of the perks of working for a university is spring break! My spring break is Monday and Tuesday. It’s supposed to be close to 70 degrees on Monday and sunny. PERFECT SPRING BREAK WEATHER! I’ll be keeping the kiddo home from daycare and probably going to the WNC Nature Center.
4. Our new dryer arrives this evening! I’ve been taking wet clothes over to my mom’s to dry. It’s nice because her dryer actually works and it works well – laundry is dry in under an hour. Our cheap-o dryer never did that. She also folded my first two loads of clothes last weekend (and even brought one of the baskets back to my house.) We’re pretty lucky. 🙂
5. My boy busted his lip open last night. He was jumping on the bed with a blanket on his head and fell. He’s fine, but while he was eating dinner he told me he needed ice cream to feel better. Who am I to tell him he can’t have ice cream? He certainly knows how to get his way with us. (And he really is fine. It’s swollen, but it’ll heal quickly, I’m sure.)
Bonus: I can’t believe Blogging Concentrated was almost a week ago. The first photo below is one of my favorites and it makes me laugh every time I look at it. I’ll post more about BC next week! (You really must go if they’re ever in your area.)
(Linking up again with EmmyMom for Friday 5.)