1. This has been a mostly good week. The boy has been behaving really well and I’m waiting for the other shoe to drop. He seems to be getting back into a sleep routine (of actually sleeping) and it’s been enjoyable.
2. Speaking of the boy, he had a dental procedure Thursday and was put under anesthesia for this. They were fixing several cavities and they should never, ever depend on a pregnant woman to make a quick decision. I had a choice between white or silver for the caps they had to put on a few teeth, and I went with the silver because of insurance (my insurance won’t cover the white.) There was a more than $4000 difference. And now I’m second guessing myself. People have to keep reminding me that the teeth will fall out, and it’s ok. The dentist and assistants assured me that boys are less likely to make fun of one another because of teeth stuff. They also had to pull one tooth from where he hit a chair with his face. Two teeth bruised, and one was getting infected and not getting any better. ROUGH day all around.
3. We keep having limbs fall from one tree in our yard. It’s annoying, given the money we’ve spent trimming limbs back every year. I wish I had several thousand dollars to spend on cutting the tree down. (But we’re spending those thousands on teeth.)
4. One of the better parts of my week was getting the new Adele album. Love. It. I use Amazon Prime for most of my music streaming (so I purchase most of my music through Amazon.) To have that populate today was just exciting – and what I needed for this tougher-than-normal week.
5. My boy is currently obsessed with Paw Patrol. It’s funny how his interests change from week to week, but this one has been for over a month. He loves the show, loves the toys, loves making his toys interact. And because of all of his dental troubles, he scored TWO Paw Patrol toys out of us yesterday! (Well, one from my mom and one from me. We couldn’t help it. We’re kind of suckers for that cute kid.)
I’m excited for a few days off for Thanksgiving. It’s much needed.
Linking up with Emmy Mom for Friday 5!