I’m linking up for Friday 5 again. A few random thoughts from this week….
1. I have no business, I guess, talking about back to school time since my son is still in daycare, and we don’t have school-aged kids (technically.) HOWEVER, my husband works in schools. And today he officially had to go back to work – there was sadness all around.
2. And since I work at a university now, it really is back to school time. The freshman move in today (and I’m going to help them move their stuff in!) I’m overly excited for this, and maybe I shouldn’t be. I just love having the students on campus. (And if some of my colleagues come across this, I’m sure they’ll think I’m nuts. And that’s ok.)
3. My running has been off lately. I think I haven’t done a good job with it because of the heat at lunch – and one week, I was just sick and couldn’t run well. I wish I could get my groove back. I went for a run yesterday and had a blast – and a faster time than recent runs. Maybe that’s a sign of what’s to come?
4. Our toddler has been totally sweet and 95% better behaved this week than the previous couple of weeks. I don’t know what happened, but I like it. And I’ll hold onto the sweetness for as long as possible.
5. This is kind of random, but have you bought into any of the subscription boxes you have seen on blogs, Instagram or Facebook? That’s where I see the most. I decided in July to try Julep (nail polish and/or makeup/skin care items.) After trying three of the nail colors so far, I’m sold. I thought I was going to cancel my subscription, but now I’m looking forward to seeing what’s next. (I’m not even linking to them, so this definitely isn’t sponsored. I just happened to look at my nails and remembered that I really love what I got!) I’ll post a full review one day – complete with photos of what I’ve received so far.