I’m linking up with Emily for another Friday 5. Five random stories from my week along with five photos….and, go.
1. Today is like the semester’s grand finale. I work for a university and today is our winter commencement. Last year, I had just started working at the university and I didn’t plan the graduation reception myself – I only helped host it. If that makes sense. So today I’m speaking at a brunch, hosting an event and attending graduation. I’m exhausted thinking about it.
2. We have multiple parties every weekend this month. Again, exhausting. We only attended one of two we were invited to last weekend (because we both wanted to have a drink and we felt we’d play it safe and stay in our neighborhood.) Tomorrow we have two parties, and next weekend we have multiple parties. December is so tiring and busy!
3. At one of the parties last weekend, someone told us we should have our son evaluated because he’s not a fan of other people singing. Which has had me thinking terrible thoughts this week. I think this may be a longer post in itself. This person is not a parent, and doesn’t deal with toddlers. Every time my son has acted out this week, I’ve wondered if it stems from a deeper issue and I HATE that I’m thinking these thoughts.
4. Today I’m wearing a dress, with boots. And tights. The outfit is so far from my usual attire – and I’ve received a ton of compliments so far. I’m shocked. And wondering if I should change up my style more often.
5. I have 3 giveaways happening right now. This is HIGHLY unusual for me and my blog. I’m giving away a subscription to Gigabody, running gear to six people and a pack of washi tape (taken from my enormous stash of washi tape. And this pack contains several rolls!)
And this is a great video for today:
What are you up to this week?