The big day is behind us, and I think this Christmas ranks at the top of my favorite holidays. My 3-year-old had a blast (even if he didn’t fall asleep until after 11 p.m. on Christmas Eve…) So let’s do a little Christmas review, shall we?
1. This was our most musical Christmas to date. Last year, our son ended up with a guitar and a microphone. My brother always sends Lucas something musical (being the musician in the family, it’s kind of expected at this time.) This year, Lucas received two drum sets (a standard drum kit and one that’s electronic), bongos, a saxophone, trumpet and clarinet. We jammed out.
2. New trains or used trains – they are all the same for a 3-year-old. I bought Thomas the Train stuff from a friend whose boys had outgrown Thomas. We gave Lucas just part of what we had purchased and he loves it so much.
3. Late dinners are NOT for kids who usually go to bed between 7:30 and 8. We didn’t get out of church until almost 7:30 on Christmas Eve and my son was wired. Then we went to my grandma’s house for dinner. Lucas went to bed by 9:30 and was awake until well after 11 p.m….and he still woke by 8 a.m. Christmas morning. It was crazy. To his credit, he took a decent nap and then went back to bed at regular time.
4. I ordered my mom’s dog a 16-squeaker toy and it ended up being marked as “lost in transit.” I re-ordered a toy to be delivered Friday. My mom also got Sophie a similar toy (16 squeakers!) and then my lost toy arrived on Christmas Eve. So Sophie is getting hooked UP with awesome squeak toys this year!
5. And Chloe did not go ignored. She received her first cat Kong – filled with catnip. She also got to nap extra long in my lap this evening. Oh, and extra cat treats. She received several extra treats on Christmas.
Now for 5 random Christmas-related photos!