I know we’re heading into the holiday weekend, but I feel like we’ve been dealing with a holiday week. It’s been head-spinning, for sure.
1. My boy attends a preschool within a church. I know that he’s learning Bible lessons daily, but he doesn’t always talk about them. This week we had this conversation as I was getting him ready for bed and he saw a small spider in the bathroom.
L: Kill it! Kill it!
Me: Let’s not say “kill.” We say “get it.” (I don’t want him running off to school telling kids to kill things.)
L: Get it!
Me: (I grab a tissue, take care of the situation.) Got it.
L: Did you kill one of God’s creatures?
Me: I burst out laughing.
L: We don’t harm God’s creatures.
So he is paying attention to those lessons. (By the way, we don’t harm God’s creatures unless they are bugs/spiders/rodents within our house or tearing up my yard.)
2. My boy fell and hurt his face a few times on Monday (he scraped his chin, banged his nose at one point. It wasn’t pretty.) We have a box of Monsters Inc. Band Aids that he wanted to use, but then he wanted to know the monsters names. We googled and found them and on Tuesday my husband rented the movies. Our son now says his name is “Mike” (which is really funny if you’ve seen the movie and understand who he is trying to be.)
3. I’ve gone running two evenings this week. That’s how crazy things have been. I haven’t been getting in all of my lunchtime workouts, but I know I HAVE to exercise or I’m a total bear. I’m hoping that the rain holds off enough today that I can get a decent run in.
4. I have officially signed on as a Jamberry consultant. I’ve been wearing their nail wraps since October (I originally thought it was November) and LOVE them. It only made sense for me to sign up finally. (I have a large collection because they last forever.) More on this soon. (I promise not to be super annoying about them. And if you ever want to do an online party, please let me know! There are some fun wraps for everyone!)
5. We have plans to attend a Fourth of July party this evening, and I’m hoping we can see fireworks tomorrow night. Other than that, our plans are fairly low-key. I’m hoping that blueberries are ripe enough for the boy because he is anxious to pick blueberries by the bucket!
How was your week? I hope you have a fantastic Fourth of July! I’m linking up for another fantastic Friday 5.
(And be sure to enter the Red, White & Blue Target gift card giveaway! It ends tomorrow morning!)